Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Chilling Rain

The rain began to fall hard on the concrete sidewalk right outside my office window. As I stared at the falling drops, I couldn't help but think of how great it would be to be home covered in blankets while watching tv.
"It's coming down pretty hard." I heard behind me from a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Rony standing beside my desk.
Goosebumps began to form on my neck and arms. "Oh.. hey. Yeah, it's pouring." I quietly replied.
"I love the rain." Rony said in almost a whisper.
I nodded in agreeance "Yeah, what would i give to be home next to the fireplace right now."
Rony looked at me with his piercing eyes and I could see that he loved the rain for other reasons. For reasons he wouldn't talk to me about.
He smirked and walked away.
A few hours went by and the rain's cool chill could be felt throughout the office. I tried to focus on my work so that I wouldn't think about the cold. Then I felt a breeze of hot air. I assumed the heater was on, but it didn't quite feel like a heater. No... This was something else. I realized that what i felt on my neck was a breath of hot air. I grabbed my phone and snapped this shot with the reverse camera tool:
By the time I turned around he was gone. Did I escape death that day? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment